“Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety”
– William Shakespeare
Oct 21, 2020
To all our patients and friends,
It has been a difficult year and the new Level 5 restrictions that have been introduced as of tonight, the 21st of October, will further challenge our families, friends and communities over the next 6 weeks in the run up to Christmas. We must work together to care for each other and in particular the most vulnerable members of society, who need us more now than ever. The team at The Dental Suite have worked hard behind the scenes to develop a COVID-19 response plan bespoke to our environment and our patients. We have used the best available knowledge along with the most up-to-date national and international guidance to devise this plan; with the ultimate priority being the safety of our patients, families and our community.
The Dental Suite has always prided itself on practicing the gold standard level of infection prevention and control within dentistry. We have invested in the best quality appropriate personal protective equipment, upgraded our practice’s sanitation and treatment facilities and enhanced our rigorous disinfection regime so that we may work in confidence and continue to protect our patients. We care for many vulnerable people within our community and we have taken extra precautions to safeguard their care here with us.
We will remain open over the next 6 weeks as dental care has been deemed to be an essential service and please be assured that you are in safe hands here in The Dental Suite. Keep an eye out for further updates on our Facebook page and and website.
If you are attending for an appointment our reception team will ask you some questions in advance of your appointment (see below). If you would like further information, or you have any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice; please email us on email@example.com or call us on 01 202 2809.
We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you really soon.
The Dental Suite team.
In advance of your appointment:
- Our team will ask if you have an unexplained cough or fever or shortness of breath, or if you been in contact with anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days.
• If you answer yes to any of these questions you will be asked to stay home, contact your GP and our team will arrange to manage any emergency dental issues via tele-dentistry where possible.
- You may be asked to send us a medical history form or an updated medical history form via email in advance of your appointment.
- You will be asked to call us on arrival and to wait in your car until we are ready for you to attend your appointment.
- We will ask you to please attend your appointment alone where possible, or in the case of a child with just one parent and no other children. This is to minimize the number of people attending the practice. Bring only essential personal belongings – e.g. as little items with you as possible (e.g. bags/coats).
- If you are wearing gloves you will be asked to remove them and to use hand sanitizer on arrival in the surgery – we would ask you to please comply with this request. Please excuse us but we won’t shake hands until this pandemic has passed!
- Please bring a card for payment. We would prefer not to accept payment with cash.
- A toilet is available for patient use but please note that despite our best efforts to minimize cross infection by cleaning it as often as possible this will be the area where containing infection spread is most challenging. Please refrain from brushing your teeth or using this facility unnecessarily.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and sitting behind screens. This is to protect both staff and patients. We advise you to warn children about this in advance of your visit and can provide photos or social stories in relation to this should you wish.